Monday, April 11, 2011

The Dirty Dozen and The Clean 15 App

The dirty dozen and the clean 15 is a list put out by the Environmental Working Group listing fruits and vegetables with the most and least pesticides.  It is designed to help us decide which items to buy organic and which ones are ok if conventionally grown.  It would be ideal to buy all organic but sometimes that just isn't possible due to availability or budget.  I have read this list many times and have several books that site it, but I often forget what it says when I am at the grocery store.  The other day I was navigating the produce department and thought I really should carry this list with me.  Then it dawned on me, there must be an app for that, and sure enough there is.  Now I have it on my iphone and can refer to it when making my produce purchasing decisions.   You can find it in the app store on your phone or click on the link below.  It is free!




Download the Guide| Environmental Working Group

1 comment:

  1. Cool, Emily!
    Welcome to the
    blog world ~ I'm
    looking forward to
    seeing what you
    cook up and what
    you are writing about!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete