Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shelton's Turkey Sausage


My sister Liz introduced me to Shelton's turkey sausage.  It is a healthier alternative to pork sausage and is just as delicious.   In fact, turkey is listed as one of the fourteen superfoods in Dr. Pratt's famous book "Superfoods".  It is a great source of lean protein and also contains niacin, selenium, B6, B12 and zinc.  These nutrients are heart-healthy and are also valuable in helping to lower the risk for cancer.  Shelton's uses free-roaming turkeys and they don't add any artificial ingredients or fillers to their products.  This sausage is wonderful alone or served as a side with pancakes and eggs.  When I want a bigger breakfast to get me through a long day, I make a sandwich with it.  I toast an Eziekiel sprouted grain english muffin or toast, and top it with a turkey sausage patty, avocado and pink finishing salt.
You can find these in the freezer section with other great Shelton's turkey products
I buy mine at Lakewinds in Minnetonka
For a store that carries them near you check out their website:

http://www.sheltons.com/cgi-bin/sheltons/store_locator.html?id=jCSJpyRN

Ezekeil brand sprouted english muffins
I chose cinnamon raisin this time

My delicious breakfast sandwich

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to
    try these. Thank
    you for your always
    inspiring, creative
    and healthy ideas,
    Emily!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the heads up on their products- I appreciate that the sausage is free range and gluten free, I found a store nearby, too! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete