Monday, May 9, 2011

Fresh Lemonade with Mint



This lemonade is quick and easy to make.  It is sweetened with honey, so no refined sugars, artificial sweeteners or colors.  Just lemons, honey, water and mint.  I use a honey simple syrup which is made by combining two parts honey with 1 part water in a saucepan and heating it on the stove.  Stir well and let cool.  You can keep a batch of honey simple syrup in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.  To make the lemonade I use a regular blender.  A Vitamix or other high-speed blender is a little too powerful.  For pink lemonade omit the mint and add 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries.  Enjoy this lemonade on it's own or with Prairie organic vodka for a great summer cocktail.    

Cut 3 organic lemons into 8 pieces each.

Place lemons in blender with 1 oz. fresh mint, 4 1/2 cups water, 1 cup honey simple syrup
 and a pinch of salt.

Blend for only 10 seconds.
 Any longer and it can get bitter.

Strain lemonade through a sieve into a glass pitcher.

Serve over ice and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love your lemonade. I shared a glass with a neighbor who was helping me with chores over the weekend. He took a small sip, then gulped the glass. He said it was the best lemonade he has ever had. I will share your blogpost with him. Thank you for sharing your secret recipes with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Just came over from Suzanne's blog (Privet & Holly)...so wonderful to meet you!

    Your recipes look so delicious--can't wait to try them! I wish I lived in your area to take advantage of your detox--sounds like it would be a very good thing!

    I lost 60 pounds 2 years ago and have kept it off for a year...no Weight Watchers...just listening to my body and trying to learn about healthy foods. I've kept it off for a year now, and have never felt better!

    I've got about 20 to go, so I look forward to trying some of your recipes and tips, and getting smarter about the food I eat!

    I'll be following along...thanks so much!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing Julie! Good for you! I hope you can find some healthy recipes here that you will enjoy. I look forward to hearing your comments!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE WHEN MY MOM MAKES THIS LEMONADE!!!! Always Great to have in the summer!!!BEST LEMONADE EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more great drink from your kitchen! I'm including a link to this on my Tumblr page for 7/9. I'll be out of town when it goes up, so I wanted to let you know ahead of time.

    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete